Saturday, November 14, 2009

Halloween...Finally!

I've been a bad blogger lately. We have been so busy, and my free time has been spent planning our upcoming vacation in January and catching on my reading for Book Club. So, I'm just now getting around to posting pictures from Halloween!

This year Claire was a peacock. I'm a little bummed that I never got a great photo of her in her costume. She was either too busy running around or too cranky to sit still long enough for a good picture. I'm thinking about putting her in it again soon just to have another photo op! :)

On the Friday before Halloween, Claire's school had a little parade and party that all of the parents were invited to. Robert wasn't able to make it, but my parents and I were able to be there. Claire did so well during the parade - she was slightly overwhelmed by all of the extra people, but she was excited that Mommy, Nana & Granddaddy were there to see her.


IMG_3636


She especially enjoyed the food after the parade. They had a toddler feast - fresh fruit, cheese, crackers, and turkey. As usual, she turned down the meat for more crackers.

IMG_3687

Claire never took a good nap on Saturday, so by the time we were supposed to get ready for the pre-trick or treat party in our neighborhood, she wasn't too enthused about having to get dressed up.

IMG_3700

The hat didn't last very long...

IMG_3702_edited-1

...but she did enjoy the ride to and from the party!

IMG_3695


IMG_3698

We didn't stay at the party for very long and decided to skip trick or treating this year in favor of getting her relaxed and ready for bed. Robert and I took advantage of the chance for free babysitters and went out to a nice dinner to celebrate our 3rd anniversary - can you believe it's been 3 years already? We tried Wildfish, a place that's been on our list since we moved here, and had a delicious (and quiet!) meal out.

Coming soon - a post about Claire at 19 months!

No comments: